$Subject? When do you think someone should use one over the other? It's
kind of confusing as of now.

From what I know (and I'm hardly the expert here!), the vcloud API in jclouds "main" is an implementation for the vCloud 1.0 API [1]. It's older than the vcloud-director API in labs , which according to the metadata is an implementation for the vCloud Director 1.5 API [2].

The latter, however, was still work-in-progress, and seeing as the vCloud API is now at version 5.1, is also outdated. But it would appear that the chances of getting jclouds to work with a 5.1 installations of vCDC are greater with vcloud-director (since 5.1 installations often still support 1.5) than with vcloud. The latter is more complete, but expects an even older version of the API.

It goes without saying that any contribution to help bring either of the two back up to date would be highly appreciated!

ap

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/apis/vcloud/src/main/java/org/jclouds/vcloud/VCloudApiMetadata.java [2] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/master/vcloud-director/src/main/java/org/jclouds/vcloud/director/v1_5/VCloudDirectorApiMetadata.java