> Where could you put a checkArgument? Can you give me an example?

I think @nacx was going down the same path here, but luckily he knew what the
actual way to have validation performed during the API call is ;-) I appreciate
your point that that moves the error into a less useful position from a
development perspective.

I wish I could point to an obvious precedent for injecting values into Builders
in jclouds, but I can't think of one (a related discussion over at
[jclouds-labs
#33](https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/pull/33/files#r7512661) revolved
around an injected Factory, but the use case was not exactly similar).

In the interests of getting the majority of this PR in for 1.6.3 (assuming you
consider the change workable without the checks for now), would you be OK with
splitting them out into a separate PR?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-openstack/pull/46#issuecomment-28451558