Hi,

I've been working on the Apache Brooklyn project upgrading various dependencies. I ran into an issue with sshj and its dependency upon eddsa and was told that you might be interested in what I discovered.

Currently jclouds-sshj depends on sshj v0.20.0, which depends on net.i2p.crypto:eddsa:0.1.0.

In the constructor for the sshj class com.hierynomus.sshj.signature.Ed25519PublicKey it has two calls to getCurve() methods, each of which return an instance of net.i2p.crypto.eddsa.math.Curve.

Unfortunately, when eddsa added the maven-bundle-plugin to their pom, they didn't export the net.i2p.crypto.eddsa.math package, indeed they actually marked it as Private-Package in its pom.xml.

Given this is all in place now, I'm not sure how this is working under OSGi.

From sshj v0.23.0 onwards, it depends on eddsa 0.2.0.

This particular combination is where things stop working under OSGi and we end up with a NoClassDefFoundError for the Curve class.

Which confuses me as I can't see what has changed to cause this.

--
*Paul Campbell*
Software Engineer

E: p...@cloudsoft.io