Agree that a CLI provides value but the Karaf-based CLI is a maintenance
burden.  I recommend moving to a more lightweight approach that I
demonstrate here:

https://github.com/gaul/blobstore-cli

This has the advantage of starting much faster for interactive tasks.  I
only have interest in blobstore so I cannot implement all the compute
functionality.  However, jclouds could accept contributions for this!

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/