Hi Peter,

Stumbled over by accident on the discuss@ list..

On Monday, 2006-10-23 21:10:11 -0400, Peter Damiana wrote:

>   I'm hereby sending my proposal for the localization of the Papiamento
> language.

As a general advice: it's much easier for people to read and follow up
on a mail if they don't need an external program to open it..
furthermore, quite some attachments are stripped from the lists, so it's
more or less good luck if you got through with your attachment.

Anyway, as the proper mailing list for localization topics is
dev@l10n.openoffice.org instead, to subscribe
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED], and I'm crossposting this
reply to that list (reply-to also set to that list), I'll quote all you
wrote in your attachment:

> Dear All,
>
> I propose to start a native lang project,

I think this is more about the localization of the OOo software, or am
I wrong on this?

> because I have noticed that the
> community here in CuraƧao are becoming more and more interested in developing
> the language Papiamento and using it as the instructional language in
> education. I also consider the fact that there are many older natives who are
> learning to use the computer, who may not be 100% in English. This way, they
> will feel more comfortable in using a software like this to create documents
> etc. In general, I believe that this will very helpful in education.
>
> Regards
> Peter Damiana
>
> PS: This is the information you may need for the  proposed language:
>
> English Name    All English     All French  ISO 639-2   ISO 639-1
> of Language         Names   Names
> Papiamento      Papiamento  papiamento  pap
>

> Language - Country/Region   LCID Hex        LCID Dec
> Papiamentu              0479            1145

We already have a mapping of LangID 0x0479 to ISO codes pap-AN. To be
able to assign Papiamento to a portion of text, or to select the
Papiamento UI from a multi-lingual installation, we'll need
a corresponding language listbox entry. What is the time frame we're
talking about, when can we expect the need of supporting the pap-AN
locale earliest?

  Eike

P.S.: As you're not subscribed to the mailing list you were posting to,
you will miss replies that are directed to the list only. When answering,
please reply only to the list (Reply-To header is set), not to my
personal account. Thanks.

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 Please don't send personal mail to this [EMAIL PROTECTED] account, which I use