Hi Maho,

Maho NAKATA 写道:
> From: Zhang Xiaofei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [l10n-dev] Reversed string and data fields in localize.sdf may
> cause build break in CJK build
> Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 14:02:57 +0800
>

>> Hi Maho,
>>
>> Maho NAKATA 写道:
>>
>>> From: Zhang Xiaofei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> Subject: [l10n-dev] Reversed string and data fields in localize.sdf may
>>> cause build break in CJK build
>>> Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 12:59:08 +0800

>>> You should use English version of OS and English version of compilers
>>> to work around this issue. You and others can submit a fix but it will
>>> very likely to happen again...
>>>
>>> -- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/
>>>

>> Thank you very much for your suggestion, actually we have been using the
>> method you proposed for work around for a long time, but I guess it's
>> better raise it here and find the real cause.
>>

> I assume you know the real "technical" cause. However the release engineer
> does not
> use Chinese version of Japanese version of OS. So - if you have a fix for some
> specific version, it is likely to happen again for future version. This is
> also
> the real cause.
>
> (BTW: you should resend your e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] list, and not
> directly to me)
> -- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/

Thank you for your kind reply, sorry if I did not make my questions
clear enough in my first post:
1) I would like to know if the reversions might be the real cause of the
build break
Sorry I couldn't actually experiment my guess because the number is huge.
2) If the answer to question 1 is yes, why the reversions are so many,
and why they only exists in the three languages I mentioned.
Instead of careless mistakes, it is likely to be some mis-operation or
malfunction of some automation tools. If the latter is the cause, then
maybe there's some way to correct the errors in batch? I think finding
the cause could at least prevent similar errors in future.

Now that release engineers do not have enough resource to test CJK
builds, I guess it's just our own responsibility to raise the problems
we find, isn't it?

(BTW: sorry I mistakenly replied to the mail you CCed to me, I'm
subscribed the mailing list and the two mails were identical in the
first view.)

Thanks and Regards,
Felix.