Marcin Miłkowski wrote:

> Mathias Bauer pisze:
>> Nicolas Mailhot schrieb:
>>
>>> That's completely true on the 'no building or packaging' side. On the
>>> 'just give access' side, distributors prefer regular versioned archive
>>> dumps on an ftp/http:
>>
>> OK, I will put this information into the ongoing discussion about
>> possible changes of our build environment, packaging etc.
>>
>> I still don't understand why providing rpms or debs directly isn't
>> acceptable but I don't need to understand everything. ;-)
>
> Firefox and other Mozilla teams provide their own builds for Linux, and
> especially security updates. Some distros are really lagging with
> releases or break releases. To take a real example: I really like my
> Suse PC (10.1) but three months ago it broke my Firefox during update
> and the last version of OOo is 2.04 (I don't need to mention that
> automatic updates get broken every two months or something). Similarly,
> some Debian flavors are known for such a thorough testing process that
> it really lags things and people are making lots of "unstable" forks.
>
> So just in case some distro is not acting fast, let's keep our builds.
> They saved my life several times :)

Of course we will keep the "distro independent" builds (especially as
these builds usually contain less untested patches) but what I wanted to
express that I don't understand why the dictionary packages that might
be created in these builds in the future are not enough. But I can live
with this and I agree with Nicolas, sometimes it's better not to ask. :-)

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".