Yup, makes sense, thanks!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Johnston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 10:29 AM
Subject: RE: [ cf-dev ] MVC issues

> Ok everyone, for  junior developers like meself, can you
> explain what a listener is etc?
>
> Sounds interesting but flying over my head at the moment...

:D Fair enough! It's complicated talking in terms of Java/Flash and other
things when most people on this list haven't had much experience of the
terminology.

Ok... Listener is basically something that "listens".  Simple I know, but an
example will make it simpler...

Let's take a flash app for example.  It creates a dynamic text field in the
middle of the space.  This text field displays the text in variable
"mytext".  Now if "mytext" variable changes, the text field needs to change
to, so there is a (built in) listener, that says "When the data in the
mytext variable changes, update the dynamic tetx field with the new data".

Does that help?  You can create your own listeners to do various different
things, but it's basically a piece of code that is triggered when a piece of
data changes.  Listeners are programmed for specific parts of your program
that are dynamic.

Does that help?

Paul

--
** Archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40lists.cfdeveloper.co.uk/

For human help, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
** Archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40lists.cfdeveloper.co.uk/