Hi Benson,

On 9/26/14 3:19 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
Months ago, we had a discussion which, I believe, reached a consensus
to up the floor for components and plugins to 3.0.5.

I would like to see a real evidence of that...if there is one than i would be ok with it otherwise we need to make a VOTE for this...

....I know there had been discussions about that but there had been some objections for such things cause many people count on 2.2.1 in wild (only a small fraction is there which counts on 2.0.X)...

I'm currently going through all the plugins to get at least 2.2.1 as minimum...

The next round would be to create 3.0 releases of all plugins which means to support only Maven 3.0.X as minimum (we have some exceptions with 3.0 number like maven-site-plugin, maven-compiler-plugin) to make it more clear and consise for the people...

Apart from my above plan/wish i don't want to start maintaining a branch for every plugin to support Maven 2.X and Maven 3.X which would be a nightmare to support...

To be more
precise, to start to propagate that version for maven core
dependencies down the pom hierarchy. If someone had an itch to
maintain a branch of something that still supports 2.2.x, they are
welcome to do so.

Once the apache pom release is done, if this is still a consensus, I
propose to tee up a release of the maven pom that starts this cascade.

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise