Hi All,

I would like to get your help. I am still trying to explain that very large
commercial company (don't mean ASF) should not have one hotspot POM with
only one dependencyManagement (DM). One DM is too weak rule, i would say.

My arguments are that one DM section will not fit to the needs of 4
departments having many applications in each and much more Maven modules in
each app. They want to override a dependency versions in each leaf in
dependency section. I am calling this strategy an evil because it would
stick to the dependencies forever and it would be very hard to change
dependencies in all applications at once.

Would you mind to explain the strategies for creating a successful
corporative hierarchy of POMs?

My proposal was to build a dependency tree between departments, which is
very easy. Currently there are only two levels in the hierarchy. So I did
this way and created BOM files with dependencyMgmt for internal and external
artifacts in each level. Those artifacts are not duplicated in the first and
second level.
Is it good or wrong?

-----
BR, tibor17