On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 10:38 PM, Stephen Connolly <
stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, November 22, 2014, Chris Graham <chrisgw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Chiming in late here. Where does "Couché-tard" come from and what does it
> > mean? How is it relevant?
>

> Couché-tard is the French nickname for an owl, literal meaning is "sleeps
> late"

So, if you don't speak French, or have a classical education, you're not
likely to get that. I guess, that if people are going to ask what is it, is
it a good logo?

And it's franco centric, wouldn't the comments about the feature and native
amercian indians apply?

> > I read one of Stephen's earlier posts where the colourisation V was
> > questions. Stephen's response was the wrong one: Would you prefer the A?
> My
> > response is: why colourise or stress any of them? I don't get the
> > significance.
>

> We have a logo that currently stresses the a for - from my perspective - no
> reason at all.
>
> If we ditch all stress then we have little continuity of the existing brand

The name is the brand, I doubt very much that anyone would place undue
attention on a stressed a or v.

> Thus for continuity I favour stressing one letter, and because this is v3
> of our logo I choose the 3rd letter and v for version ;-) (real reason is I
> think the v looks better)

Than a 'a', yes. Agreed. But are we trying too hard to be too cute too
cleaver?