We need to get a release that is *the same as 3.3.9 only with aether
swapped for resolver* first IMHO.

That was the original plan...

Then people started wanting to add bug fixes and lots of other stuff.

The point of a reset is to return to the original plan.

Bugs orthogonal to the aether->resolver change could be included... but
there is a risk we go a step too far

What we want to be able to say is: if you currently use 3.3.9 you can
upgrade with zero risk to 3.5.0

Then we start fixing bugs in 3.5.1, etc... but we have moved our *head*
users onto the 3.5.x line and can start bringing the others with us