Because unless the unit test suite has 100% line and branch coverage, and
possibly various
other metrics, all of which are unfeasible for any real-world sized code
base, it could miss
something. The first line should/must (if you care) be manual integration
of the two change
sets, conflicting, or not. That's why! :-p

What you're suggesting is a good thing, however what you said was false or
at best misleading.

Part of the issue I see is that people keep rebasing so that they can be
sure their changes will merge without conflict.

I don't see that as an issue, I see that as due diligence and a wise thing
to do in a dynamic code base.

On 20 March 2017 at 20:15, Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com