Hi Stephen,

I need to declare the dependency to static directly, so I'm on the
Sorry-Out-Of-Luck path...

But your suggestion makes me  thinking of providing an artifact myself (just
pom packaging) in two different versions that pulls in the different
dependencies and which can be overridden by the user. This should be possible
then, right?

In that case I have to think about how to organize my own builds because I
assume that within one reactor I won't be able to build two modules with same
groupId and artifactId but different versions.

Cheers,

Dirk

PS: Thanks for the 3.5.0 release, works like a charm for me!