On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Michael Osipov <1983-01...@gmx.net> wrote:

> This will also ultimately mean that these plugins will run with Maven 3.3
> only
> if someone still uses an older version and Java 6 to build their projects.

I don't follow.
Not to confuse anyone we should separate the Java requirement and the Maven
requirement (which we already do). The plugins will require Java 7 for the
build after this change, but could still work with Maven 3.0 (depending on
what we specify for the plugin).

If someone still uses Java 6, they have to stay with Maven <3.3 as v3.3+
requires Java 7. For plugins that now bump to Java 7 requirement they have
to stay with current plugin versions. So if we currently have a sever issue
in a plugin we should probably release a bug fix for thay before going Java
7. Just to be kind to our users.

/Anders