Github user jdillon commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/116

    @ifedorenko can close this if you like, wasn't sure what you mean about "a
JIRA either way".  If we close this and go with your changes (which if you have
that mostly done for merge soon is what I would suggest over this).  For now
I'm assuming you'll merge you changes and file a JIRA, but if you need a JIRA
specifically about this bug I can file it if you need.

---
with INFRA.
---