In the new API ProjectDeployer (in maven-artifact-transfer), I noticed
the default implementation raises a warning in the case that it cannot
set the repository to an attached artifact:

https://github.com/apache/maven-shared/blob/f45e7ad855acfb5d29e7c2b79c6ae57729602133/maven-artifact-transfer/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/shared/project/deploy/internal/DefaultProjectDeployer.java#L129-L138

I'm not sure I understand this warning correctly. It seems to come from
the fact that an attached artifact is represented by an instance of the
AttachArtifact class, that is deprecated with Maven 3, and this class
always throws an exception when trying to set a repository to it. But
with all current Maven 3 versions, the MavenProjectHelper, which is used
to attach artifact to a project, relies on this class
(https://github.com/apache/maven/blob/maven-3.5.0/maven-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/project/DefaultMavenProjectHelper.java#L60),
and so this warning looks inevitable.

If so, why is the warning pointing to "responsible plugin" when this
comes from maven-core itself? And, if I'm not mistaken, should this
really be a warning when the user doesn't seem to be able to do anything
about it?

I noticed it when using latest 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT of the Deploy Plugin: the
warning is raised for every attach artifact that is deployed.

Thanks,
Guillaume

---
antivirus Avast.