On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 04:55:17 +0200, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

well not better as it looks not being possible

[ERROR] 'dependencyManagement.dependencies.dependency.classifier' for
org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-bom:pom:bom must be empty, imported POM cannot have
a classifier. @ line 40, column 21

WHY this restriction?

Only for a bom it could make sense to add a classifier, for all other poms it doesn't. I can imagine this is historical. For Maven 5 the proposal is to make a pdt-file for every artifact, but that won't help you right now.

Robert