On 24 Aug 2017, at 9:49, Andreas Gudian wrote:

> Yupp, I'm afraid neither version ranges nor information from any
> dependencyManagement sections are considered.
>
> Only the plain versions or properties work, and transitive dependencies are
> pulled in

Yeh, we use properties as a workaround here - we actually resolve our ranges
external to Maven - in a `pom.deps` files, which in part is used to bootstrap
version properties ( the actual `pom.xml` files get there `<version>` elements
of plugins/dependencies rewritten to hard locked `[xxx]` versions as well.

Also since we shared compiler plugin settings across projects, it means I have
to list all possible combinations of annotationProcessors we know we support (
which is not many, but would be nice to control per project ).

Mark

---
"The ease with which a change can be implemented has no relevance at all to
whether it is the right change for the (Java) Platform for all time." &mdash;
Mark Reinhold.

Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net
http://www.chaliceofblood.net