Github user owenfarrell commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/157

    @Tibor17 - IT569 does not **fail** when introducing my changes. But since
the test was written as a single lifecycle, it inadvertently uses the code I've
introduced in this PR ([see comment above](#issuecomment-312972256)).

    The only changes to IT569 were to split the single lifecycle in to multiple
lifecycles. While there, I tried to clean up the test resources to match
current standards/conventions.

    But those changes to IT569 were to preserve its named intent: run tests
from a dependency jar.

    Looks like two options to me:
    1. Leave PR as is with minimally modified IT569
    2. Revert IT569 to original state, add a new version of IT569 which
executes in multiple lifecycles and delete IT1383 (as it would be entirely
redundant of IT569).

---
with INFRA.
---