On 2018-04-13T16:29:27 -0400
Paul Hammant <p...@hammant.org> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Assuming a pre-filled Maven local cache, I've a 16 second build that's only
> longer when I run a screen recorder in order to make the video show here -
> https://paulhammant.com/2017/02/05/a-16-second-java-webapp-build-including-webdriver-tests/
>
> That one runs three WebDriver tests too after the unit and service tests -
> meaning (implicitly) it's testing JavaScript as well as Java in that time.
>
> In order to make it fast I've abandoned the fail-safe plugin and do all
> parts of the test-pyramid in surefire (see the pom).

'Ello.

So you're saying it's my problem? ;)

I'm also assuming a pre-filled Maven local cache, but this example
project (with no dependencies) takes about six seconds to build with
(usually) about ten seconds of Maven churning before the build even
begins. This is for a build that compiles one tiny file, produces a
jar, and does nothing else.

I assumed that it was happening for everyone, but apparently it isn't.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com