Am 2018-05-19 um 11:41 schrieb Hervé Boutemy:
Maven master branch build is failing on ASF Jenkins for one week

looks related to TLS 1.2 only support on https://www.apache.org/, when the
build is currently done with JDK 7u80 which has TLS 1.2 disabled by default
I tried to enable TLS 1.2 adding "-Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2"
option, but it does not work (works for dependencies download through Maven Artifact
Resolver + Wagon, but the failing code uses directly java.net.URL.openStream() )

IMHO, the simplest solution is to update our Maven core Jenkinsfile to build
with Java 8, since it's completely decoupled from the ITs run (happening with
misc JDK and OSes)

Any objection?

I would switch to Azul's Zulu 7 for this. It is built from OpenJDK source. Pretty much the same Oracle is distrubuting commercially. I use it for all of my Windows-based tests with Maven, as well as releases.

If we make the promise that the build runs on Java 7, we should test it with.

Michael