Hello,
Sometimes it happens that you have to launch twice Maven to:
- build a whole reactor project (warmup)
- run some specific mojo only a selection of modules

mvn clean install -DskipTests -Dmaven.repo.local=tmprepo

mvn do:something -pl module1,module1-Dmaven.repo.local=tmprepo

I think that in the general case there is no way to do this with one single
execution of Maven, for instance from CI.

I am thinking about a simple enhancement to workaround this problem:
We can let Maven executable to accept a list of command line execution
arguments and loop executing the list, halting at the first failure