On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 8:37 AM Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 08:05, Robert Scholte <rfscho...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I think it is pretty impressive that we can say that our plugins still
> > support a wide range of Maven versions.
> >
> > So my vote will be 3.1.0
> >

> even if it doesn't happen that much my only concern is what we will do in
> case of security issue with 3.1.0 what versions will we have to fix?
> by saying we support 3.1.0 we must be clear (and it seems obvious to me) we
> will only release 3.1.2 in case of security issue (same with other 3.x.x
> series)
> but still this can be a lot to maintain/release etc... (well ok still in
> the very rare case of security issue)

It looks like we're back att the confusion what we're talking about. There
are two different aspects:
1. Minimum version for compatibility (in plugins)
2. What Maven version(s) do we support, i.e. provide (important) fixes for

Two very different things IMO. If our plugins are compatible with Maven
3.1.0 that DOES NOT mean we will provide fixes for Maven 3.1.x. Most
likely we will only provide (secuirty) fixes for the latest minor version
(currently 3.6).

/Anders