Hello everyone,

I recently started contributing with small changes to some of the Maven
projects (mainly enforcer and IT repo) and I am now looking where I could help
further.

One of the areas that caught my eye is the maven-compiler-plugin and
specifically the annotationProcessorPaths feature. It seems there are quite a
few open JIRAs with feature requests and bugs. From what I could find:
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MCOMPILER-391

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MCOMPILER-395

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MCOMPILER-503

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MCOMPILER-496

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MCOMPILER-264

At first I would like to take a look at MCOMPILER-391, which is requesting that
the dependencies under annotationProcessorPaths use <dependencyManagement> to
resolve a proper version (instead of requiring users to explicitly specify the
version as part of the annotationProcessorPaths entry). I remember I had to
fight with this one before as well as a user.

Would that (MCOMPILER-391) be a good place to start, or are there any blocker
issues / concerns which are the reason this feature have not been yet
implemented?

Also, would there be anyone specifically interested in maybe reviewing the
proposed changes? Or should I just open the PRs and someone will eventually
take a look?

Thanks,
Petr