-1

This is fundamentally a bad idea and is the wrong way to solve the problem
you mention.

If you want people to vote, then work on developing a large enough
community of committers or PMC members that are interested in seeing your
project evolve.  If you are in constant contact with your community, they
will vote.

Don't extend the minimum time that the vote has to be open.  That is a
terrible idea.  Our project as well as many projects need speed and
responsiveness for new features that their communities need and for timely
security fixes.

Regards,

Lee.