Hello,

Log4j crew is considering moving to a multi-repo structure. If I am not
mistaken, there are 125 `github.com/apache/maven-*`
<http://github.com/apache/maven-*> repos, which makes me believe that you
have quite a bit of experience with such a construct. I am curious to hear
your thoughts on the matter.

How does it work for you?
What are its advantages?
What are its disadvantages?
What are the things we should be extra cautious about?
Are there any major pillars we need to erect for such a construct to work?
Would you still go the same route if Maven is founded today?

I deliberately don't share in this post our goals with such a migration to
avoid manipulating your line of thinking. I can do that later to give the
conversation a little bit more context.

Kind regards.