Sure, I just said this is "probably" the last alpha, as all the major
changes we wanted are made through.
Resolver 2.0.0 does not envision any major API change, in fact, we
advertise it as a "drop in" replacement:
https://maven.apache.org/resolver-archives/resolver-LATEST/upgrading-resolver.html

None of Mojos and majority of other code does not need change, it is only
code that integrates Resolver (like Maven) that needed some change related
to onSessionClose.
What API changes do you have in mind? For example I bet the new transports
will show some problems (and hence will be modified), but all that is
"behind the curtains", is not part of the public API.