The non problems:
- members building project with ancient java versions and calling -1 on
release votes (as turns out,by mistake)
- javadoc inconsistencies: what is allowed and what not
- being stuck in a 20 year tech stack

Again, _build time requirement_ has nothing to do with _runtime
requirement_.

Or in other words, a bit of rephrasing:
For example, desktop app devs who develop apps "certified to work on older
OS-es (than current)" _develop those apps on "lower end" of supported OSes
version_?
So, if a macOS app CAN work on macOS 12 (current is 14), it MUST be
developed on macOS 12?