Hi,

> On 13. Mar 2024, at 23:58, Slawomir Jaranowski <s.jaranow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It looks as most usable will be to manage release notes also in GitHub at
> least as link to jira public url for release notes.
> Yes I know we don't have (or have old one like maven-changes-plugin)
> perfect tools to help with this process.

The changes plugin isn't maintained anymore and is buggy wrt. GitHub.

For that reason, in Apache UIMA, we have switched to using the `gh` command
line to tool to generate release notes.

 https://github.com/apache/uima-parent-pom/blob/main/pom.xml#L1036-L1087

This one is *not* based on commit messages and therefore does not require
strong discipline.

It is rather based on PR titles which can also be changed if necessary
shortly before a release.

The output is (currently) still manually post-processed to make it a bit nicer
(e.g. with emojis) and embed it into a larger release notes document... but the
plan is to eventually automate that away as well.

Here is an example raw output from the tool:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/site/archive/docs/d/uimaj-3.5.0/issuesFixed/github-report.md

Here is an example release note from UIMA:

 https://github.com/apache/uima-uimaj/releases/tag/rel%2Fuimaj-3.5.0

Cheers,

-- Richard