Hi,

I am afraid that in such legacy projects not only Maven version will be a
problem.

Eg. Most newer versions of popular libraries were switched to JDK 1.8 as
minimum or even higher ... and so on.

Simply if an organization doesn't have time, resources to
regularly maintain their projects, the best and easier way is don't touch
dependencies and use it as is with old (current) infrastructure.

Dependency on Open Source projects which is not regularly maintained should
be on a risk track and should be maintained - especially by large tech
companies.

Such organizations must have an awareness that support for their product
can be impossible - especially for free.
So it looks like large tech companies don't want to pay for maintenance and
try to require it from an Open Source project community for free :-)

sob., 13 kwi 2024 o 13:22 Elliotte Rusty Harold <elh...@ibiblio.org>