If IDEA is correct, it can be declared final bec it didn't find any other classes setting its value. Also, the naming would suggest that author meant it to be final.

The tests also passed if after I changed it to final.

So I'd declare them as final.

Franz Allan Valencia See wrote:
Good day,

I am trying to make maven-resources-plugin pass the checkstyle check. So
far, I have fixed every error execpt two:

1. Name 'DEFAULT_BEGIN_TOKEN' must match pattern '^[a-z][a-zA-Z0-9]*$'
2. Name 'DEFAULT_END_TOKEN' must match pattern '^[a-z][a-zA-Z0-9]*$'.

both are private static Strings of the
org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.util.InterpolationFilterReader class.

The way I see it, there are three ways I can approach this:

1. Declare them as final (if that was the original intention)
2. Declare them as defaultBeginToken and defaultEndToken respecitvely (if
they're not supposed to be constants), or
3. Live it as it is.

Any advice?

Thanks a bunch,
Franz