> Yes, I've seen this thread as well. Sounds good to me even if we need
> strong use cases to create a new standard phase.

How about adding support for custom phases to the POM?

That would allow developers and users to experiment with new phases and to
build some experience with which ones are useful and which only look good
but don't really work.

Incidentially, I'd like to see a tool which can show me what phases there
are and which plugin binds to which phase (in order to debug
execution/dependency problems like
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSOURCES-11).

Aaron Digulla