Carl Trieloff wrote:

I don't see that there is a consistent view yet on this. It would be nice to get to a conclusion on whether the Maven community would like to work with the downstream distros teams so that we can provide a consistent and good experience. Is there any more information that is needed to get to a view point, and if so how can I help?

Actually, I thought I saw one. It seemed to me that it was OK to build an RPM of maven as long as it installed it more or less the same as it would be if it was manually installed from the zip.

Ralph