Hi,

I need an ArtifactFilter that supports wildcards and have patched
IncludesArtifactFilter accordingly, but then saw MNG-2621.  I
implemented wildcards slightly stricter than allowing arbitrary
regular expressions - from the Javadoc:

The artifact pattern syntax is of the form:

[groupId]:[artifactId]:[type]:[version]

Where each pattern segment is optional and supports full and partial *
wildcards.
An empty pattern segment is treated as an implicit wildcard.

For example, org.apache.* would match all artifacts whose group id started with
org.apache., and :::*-SNAPSHOT would match all snapshot artifacts.

Would this be acceptable?  If not, we could either add a flag in the
constructor to signify whether wildcards are to be supported, or
subclass IncludesArtifactFilter to add wildcard support.  Let me know
what's preferable and I'll submit a patch.

Cheers,

Mark