On 24-Feb-08, at 10:35 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

Hi,
Just to be sure mavenSession.getExecutionProperties() should be use.

Yes, system properties are turned into execution properties in the CLI and pushed into the session. So that from the embedder each invocation can have it's own session and isolate execution properties. We just need to try and keep this use case in mind as I see use inside the IDEs starting to match the use from the command line in the next year.

We just need to determine the precedence universally and take the values from the core instead of each plugin fiddling around with system properties directly. I was currently thinking that properties in the POM are looked at first and then overridden with execution properties. Where execution properties have system properties which can be overridden by CLI parameters. Currently system properties in trunk are not neutered because when I did that a bunch of things broke, mostly proxy related plugins. But this is the plan that I had in might. If we centralize all the code we can decide ultimately what the order of precedence is. But plugins fiddling with this is a bad pattern we have to avoid.

Right ?

Olivier