2008/9/24 Joerg Hohwiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> Hi,
>
> Hi there,
>
> as often I a little late on some threads ;)
>
>> I have start a proposal [1]
>
> so far so good.
> I have the following suggestions:
>
> 1. Also specify that the pom.filters are in the order of their declaration in
> the XML.
They are not used (as they are not used in resources plugin 2.2 and
adding filters as a child of the project element is not valid).

> 2. Resolve variables whenever they are requested.
> What I mean is that I can do
>
> filter1.properties:
> var1=Foo
> var3=${var2}/Thing
>
> filter2.properties:
> var2=${var1}-Bar
>
> So if I resolve ${var3} I get "Foo-Bar/Thing".
>
> That would be an excellent feature, since I am using
> maven for deploying a large system and therefore
> build it as multiple debian-packages with
> seperation of application- and configuration-packages.
> The configuration packages are build for
> production as well as for 14 different
> testing-environments. Various ports, hostnames, etc.
> slightly differ in these environments. I could avoid
> a lot of redundancies and daramtically simplify my
> filters with the features described above.
>
> Do I need to file a JIRA ticket or is this enough
> input?
No because it already works (there is an it[1] for this in the
resources plugin).

Olivier

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-resources-plugin/src/it/filter/