2.1 has actually served the purpose it was intended for and should be released. Obviously, the other items that were intended for 2.1 haven't been completed and shouldn't hold things up. So +1 on releasing 2.1.0 now.

As for the other items that weren't completed, at this point it is unclear to me whether the items that were on the roadmap are being fixed in 3.0 or not. I'm still not quite sure how far off the 3.0 release is, but it is looking closer all the time. So I really don't know if it makes sense to work on those items and target a 2.2 release or not.

Ralph