Hi,

I have, based on a question in a forum, reread the documentation about inheritance in the pom's...

the following information is documented:
------------------
The packaging type required to be pom for parent and aggregation (multi-module) projects. These types define the goals bound to a set of lifecycle stages. For example, if packaging is jar, then the package phase will execute the jar:jar goal. If the packaging is pom, the goal executed will be site:attach-descriptor. Now we may add values to the parent POM, which will be inherited by its children. The elements in the parent POM that are inherited by its children are:

dependencies
developers and contributors
plugin lists
reports lists
plugin executions with matching ids
plugin configuration
---------
But i have checked the information via mvn help:effective-pom and found out the e.g. distributionManagement is inherited as well....

Or did i oversight or misunderstand a thing ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de