I think it is about how to do integration testing of projects built with maven.

Since we build maven plugins with maven, one of the sub-problems is
how to integration test maven plugins themselves... hence Brian's wiki
link

An overall guide should cover:

failsafe
separate module for integration tests
what to do with tck-like integration tests (not currently a good
solution for that yet... this would be where you have a test-jar that
contains the tck... but since surefire/failsafe do not _yet_ support
running tests from a test-jar...)

And then there needs to be guidance as to when to consider a separate
module for tests vs keeping them in module

And then some examples of common integration testing strategies for
common module types

-Stephen