On 05/09/2011, at 3:49 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> I'm trying to be slightly helpful to the Tycho project. They have a
> problem: they need to define a lifecycle that adds a plugin to a phase
> *not at the end* of the plugins in the standard lifecycle.
>
> Has anyone else thought about this?

What's the specific use case?

When this part of the code was developed, phases were thought more as buckets,
with very little support for ordering within them. The ability to dictate order
through the POM has increased over time, but there's no mechanism I'm aware of
to achieve this without changes to the core.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
br...@apache.org