r1514680

Does that, coupled with the knowledge that our source release bundles are
*supposed to* include the tag details that they were built from resolve
your issue?

(Obviously there is more tooling we can add... for instance I suspect that
for GIT we are not including the git hash that release:perform is running
from... which is something I think we can address)