* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3695 Allow dependencies' scopes to be
managed without explicit versions

    This does not affect the pom schema, but potentially affects other POM
parsers. My instinct is that this is for 4.x not 3.2

* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3321 Skip plugin and/or execution

    After reading more closely, this seems to be changing the POM schema,
at least with the current patch, move to 4.x?

parent POM

    Sounds like an issue building the internal model. Additionally this
would not be a change that affects other consumers and their processing of
dependencies, so this looks like a valid candidate to me.

* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2807 ciManagement from parent is not
merging with children

    Same as MNG-3124. Both issues are related it would seem

* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3825 Dependencies with classifier
should not always require a version.

    Same as MNG-3695

* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4173 Remove automatic version
resolution for POM plugins

    This is somewhat reasonable, but we have already kicked this can down
the road and it may hinder adoption. I would be happy to kick this one to
4.x on the basis that most existing poms were written with the assumption
that you could avoid specifying the plugin version... and we even omit the
plugin version in the asf parent pom for some stuff...