hi,
Hi Robert,

The install:install goal[1] doesn't have the the pomFile parameter, however the install:install-file[2] does.
I am aware of that.
So I'm not sure which goal you are actually using.
I am using the install goal. And it honors the pomFile parameter in version 2.3.1 just as I wrote. It does not work in 2.5.1. As I tried to explain my goal is that "mvn install" or "mvn deploy" will not install/deploy the pom.xml as is but instead the effective pom. Therefore I need to tell the maven-install-plugin:install goal and maven-deploy-plugin:deploy goal what file to use instead of ${basedir}/pom.xml.

There's a small change regarding the install-file which might affect this.
I am not sure if you get your point here...
It is not anymore required to specify the pom if the artifact was already built by Maven. The plugin will go through all the jar entries in search for a pom file and uses is the install.[3]
As I wrote, I am not talking about install-file. I thought my mail was clear enough but it seems I was wrong...

Robert
Thanks
  Jörg

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/install-mojo.html [2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/install-file-mojo.html [3] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/examples/custom-pom-installation.html