Am 2014-02-23 19:06, schrieb Benson Margulies:
I propose to make releases of our parent stack that are suitable for
components and plugins that are making the leap to Java 1.6 and Maven
3 as their base requirements.

What do people think is the right approach in terms of what stays on
trunk and what goes on a branch, and whether to do anything
distinctive to the version numbers?

Finally, someone's stepping up for such a good change. Though, I think some important stuff needs to be considered first:

1. Announce 2.x EOL and give people at least 3 months to switch.
2. If you align plugins with a 3.0 baseline, I would bump at least a minor version, maybe even a major one.

Michael