> On Jul 4, 2015, at 3:15 AM, Alex Rukletsov <a...@mesosphere.com> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> Jörg and I are working on adding *quota* support to Mesos. Quota can be
> described as cluster-wide dynamic reservation. I would like to share the
> design doc [1] to gather community feedback early in the design phase.

The most confusing part of this document to me was the 'quota' terminology.
Quotas normally refer to administrative limits (esp. disk quotas with hard and
soft limits), not reserving resources. Since what you are describing is an
extension to the resource reservation system, it would be clearer if it was
described in those terms.

I was also concerned that access control / authorization is not planned for the
initial implementation. I think that if Mesos is to have an authorization
policy, it should be applied uniformly following the principle of least
surprise.