Hi Zhiwei,

I was thinking about this as well, but for different reasons: Pulling in
Docker images for tests is not the ideal solution. Sure, testing a `sleep
1000` should work, but testing an executor leaves some questions on how to
handle changes/deprecation of the interfaces. It's not a pressing issue
right now, but might become one in the future.

I think this is also what Timothy had in mind with his comment (Timothy,
please correct me if I'm wrong): These problems can be resolved by using
local Docker images, ideally ones that are created during `make check`. But
this would create new problems. Either we would have to build libmesos
inside our local container -- to be able to build test executors -- which
would take a long time, or we'd have to make sure that the container
environment is the same as the dev environment, to be able to copy test
executors into it, which isn't easy unless we'd restrict ourselves to only
a couple of environments.

Cheers,
Jan

--
*Jan Schlicht*
Distributed Systems Engineer, Mesosphere