>It's not yet clear to me what exactly I have to put in the directories
pointed by --network_cni_config_dir and --network_cni_plugins_dir in
order to create a network?

According to my understanding from code, Mesos try to parse any files under
--network_cni_config_dir except directories.

--network_cni_plugins_dir is used for find execute files. Suppose you
define your network in --network_cni_config_dir like

```
{
  "type": "foo",
  "ipam": {
    "type: "bar",
  }
}
```

After Mesos finish parsing the network definition file under
--network_cni_config_dir, it would try find the execute file "foo" and
"bar" under
--network_cni_plugins_dir. Because the type of network you defined above is
"foo", and the type of "ipam" is "bar".

Just my quick reply, you could wait for Qian Zhang or Avinash's detail
reply later.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang