Thanks James! As you said, removing Process implementations from the
headers is the existing practice, but we need to do a sweep to enforce this
consistently. Folks could work on this sweep today to make progress on the
3 benefits you outlined.

This proposal to me seems to just be:

(1) When needed for testing, whether to expose the Process declaration in
its own foo_process.hpp header, rather than within foo.hpp.
(2) whether to name the .cpp as foo_process.cpp rather than foo.cpp.

I'm not sure if I like (2), instead of keeping the .cpp named foo.cpp.
Consider the case where there is no foo_process.hpp (not needed for
testing), then you just have foo.hpp and foo_process.cpp. Or consider the
case where a user is looking for the implementation of limiter.hpp, they
have to know to look for limiter_process.cpp rather than limiter.cpp (but
only when a Process is involved!). Seems unfortunate?

For Mesos, (1) sounds good, but I'm not sure if libprocess should be
exposing the foo_process.hpp header in the public includes alongside the
foo.hpp header. Because then libprocess users are assuming our particular
implementation of the interface. I think for the libprocess testing
purposes, we probably want the *_process.hpp header to be within the src/
directory?