> AFAIK the absence of TASK_LOST statuses is expected. Master registry
> persists information only about agents. Tasks are recovered from
> re-registering agents. Because of that the failed over master can't send
> TASK_LOST for tasks that were running on the agent that didn't re-register,
> it simply doesn't know about them. The only thing the master can do in this
> situation is send LostSlaveMessage that will tell the scheduler that tasks
> on this agent are LOST/UNREACHABLE.

+1.
—————-

Probably this got never tracked into a Jira that at least a slave lost message
is sent on slave reregistration timeout on master failover. At least frameworks
can start recon. This can lead to potential pool depletions in prod if slaves
do not really come back and task lost not detected quickly.

If this has not been addressed let me file a Jira. Or can it be bundled with
6406 though this applies mostly for non partition aware tasks.

Thx